Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Everyuth Times Fresh Face Season 13
Personnel from BCCL who are responsible for the overall conduct of the Contest.
A filled-up application form accompanied by a video link carrying Participant’s performance submitted for being judged in course of audition, submitted on the website www.timesfreshface.com and/or via any other mobile app, as the case may be.
Any person who has entered the Contest by sending an Entry to BCCL, and fulfils the eligibility criteria for the Contest.
Any person who:
(i) is above sixteen (16) years of age as on 20th November, 2020;
(ii) is below twenty-two (22) years of age as on 31st May, 2021;
(iii) is a citizen of India with valid Government Identification proof;
(iv) and holds a valid student ID proof from an educational institution in any of the 8 cities – Mumbai (including Thane & Navi Mumbai), Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, Ahmedabad (including Surat & Vadodara)
Terms and Conditions (“T&C” or “Terms”)
These terms governing the Contest, as may be amended from time to time by BCCL.
Any successful Participant who was/has been selected by the judges of the Contest on the basis of his/her demonstrated talent, skills and predetermined selection parameters.
By participating in the ‘Contest’, you accept and agree that you are above the minimum age of 16 years and accept, agree and shall abide to the following terms and conditions:
- The Contest is organized, managed, and conducted by BCCL and its group companies, and shall be subject to BCCL’s policies, these Terms and other conditions.
- No fee or charges in any manner are to be paid by a person to participate in this Contest.
- The duration of the Contest is from November 2020 to May 2021.
- This Contest is a talent and personality hunt for the most talented boy and girl from colleges across India.
- Former city level and wildcard Winners are not allowed to participate in this season’s Contest, and any such Entry may be rejected at any level by BCCL, without any prior or subsequent notice.
- Duplicate Entries shall be disqualified from the Contest.
- The Contest will have five stages: Registrations, Online Auditions, Semi Finales, City Finales and one National Finale.
- For a registration and an Entry to be considered for Online Auditions, the Participant is required to create a video showcasing their talent, upload it on their profile on the Moj App, and submit the URL of the video on their registration form on the Contest website.
- BCCL reserves the right to shortlist candidates from registrants for the Online Auditions phase.
- Shortlisted Participants from online auditions will move into the Semi-Finale Round where they will be evaluated by judges at their sole discretion, in such a manner as they deem fit and necessary.
- This will be followed by a City Finale Stage where the city winners will be selected from the Semi-Finale winners by a panel of judges to be appointed by the Contest Management, and their decision shall be final and binding. The two City Winners (1 boy & 1 girl) shall participate in the National Finale. In case the Winners fail/refuse to participate, the runner-up shall be adjudged as the Winner who shall in turn participate in the National Finale.
- The Participants shall have to bring their own props or any other such material for showcasing their talent, and each Participant shall get a timeframe of 1 minute to showcase his/her talent.
- The wildcard entry grants Participants a chance to go directly to the National Finale and the entry is open to students who may have/may not have already participated at a city level. However, BCCL reserves the right for allowing wild card entries at any stage prior to the final stage.
- The cost of travelling, lodging and boarding (only) at the National Finale shall be borne by BCCL.
- All posts/texts/images/videos/recordings/footage/Entries posted on all Times Group social media platforms, mobile apps or sent to [email protected], uploaded on www.timesfreshface.com, or uploaded using any of the property hashtags (#timesfreshface, #everyuthtimesfreshface, #everyuthwildcard, #naturalbest, etc) shall be subject to applicable laws and policies including, but not limited to, BCCL policies, Facebook policies, Twitter policy, Instagram policies and public policy.
- All documents/posts/texts/images/videos/recordings/footage/Entries received or created by BCCL or its group companies during the Contest shall remain the property of BCCL. The Participants here hereby waive any and all claims that they have or may have in future in any jurisdiction to “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the Entries and they further acknowledge, confirm and agree that BCCL, without the necessity of any further consideration or action from the Participants, shall have the right to make revisions, deletions, abridgments, enhancements and derivative works of the Entries and that BCCL or its affiliates shall own all worldwide rights, title and interest in and to Entries and all such enhancements and derivative works. During or after the Contest, BCCL shall have the right to edit, alter, dub, store, archive, cache, reuse, republish, circulate and utilize the same (i.e. Entries) at its sole discretion which shall not be opposed by the Participants and they shall not raise any claims/rights over it.
- The decision of the Contest Management is final and no correspondence or any other claims whatsoever, in this regard will be entertained.
- The prizes are subject to the laws of India and deduction of taxes, levies and other statutory payments shall be as applicable and borne solely by the Winner and paid for by the Winner.
- BCCL does not give any warranty or guarantee concerning the trouble-free, smooth running of the third-party Moj App and absence of any technical glitches in its functioning. Pursuant to the foregoing, the Participants unconditionally agree not to hold BCCL liable for any disputes or demands stemming from their complaints and/or disputes with the Contest Management due to deficiencies or discrepancies in upload and/or timely submission of Entries for participation in the Contest, which inter alia includes, but is not limited to, non-submission, delayed submission, submission of truncated or corrupt Entries, incomplete submission of Entry etc.
- BCCL does not give any warranty or guarantee concerning the quality and/or redeemability of such prizes/gift vouchers, suitability or merchantability of any prize and BCCL or its management, directors, officers, agents, representatives shall not be responsible for or liable (including, but not limited to, the product and service liabilities) for deficiency and/or defect of any product/service given as the prize or any kind of consequential damages/ loss, in any manner whatsoever.
- BCCL reserves the right to change, alter or cancel this Contest in part or full, or change any or all of the terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation/notice of any kind and will not be liable for any consequential losses/damages. Decision of BCCL in this regard and in general with respect to this Contest and the Terms & Conditions thereto shall be final, binding and non-contestable.
- Nothing contained herein amounts to a commitment or representation by BCCL to conduct the Contest further or any other such schemes.
- All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Mumbai only.
- Images/pictures/photographs displayed in the promotional campaign for the Contest are for reference only.
- Gifts are subject to the laws prevailing in the country, including regulations as may be applicable to the Winner. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained under any circumstances.
- All Participants’ who enter the Contest by registering for it shall be deemed to have accorded their acceptance of the Terms.
- Gifts cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash; no cash claims can be made in lieu of the gifts.
- Winners shall not conceal or misrepresent any information during the scrutiny or otherwise, failing which the Participants shall be disqualified for participating in the Contest.
- In the event the Winner fails to be present for award ceremony and collect the gift/prize and memento on the day and time mentioned by BCCL, the gift/prize may be forfeited by BCCL and the Participant shall have no right or objection on it. BCCL may change date and time to be present at the engagement or activity and may inform the Participants accordingly.
- The Participant represents and warrants to the Contest Management that all information and Entries, inter alia, including, but not limited to, any communications, software, photographs, text, slogans, punchlines, credos, videos, footage, graphics, music, songs, sounds, images and other material posted, submitted or recorded in any manner by the Participant or by BCCL as part of the Contest do not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, third-party intellectual property rights). The Participants shall be responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify BCCL from any claims, actions, demands, suits, proceedings, costs or damages (collectively, “Losses”) from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
- The Participants automatically grant BCCL a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to publish, edit, alter, dub, archive, repost, reshare, retweet and display their Entries submitted as token of their participation in the Contest and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Contest and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, BCCL print publications, e-papers electronic posts on BCCL website(s), social media handles and accounts on such digital platforms, in any display format considered appropriate by BCCL during and after the Contest or any such use by BCCL as it deems fit.
- The Participant hereby consents that all intellectual property in relation to and arising out of the Contest including any communications, software, photos, text, slogans, credo, punchlines, videos, footage, graphics, music, sounds, images, Entries and other material submitted or recorded by the Contest Management in any manner involving celebrities and Participants’ footage of the virtual hangout thereof (whether in whole or in part) are solely owned by BCCL. BCCL shall be at liberty to store, archive, cache, use, edit, alter, republish, reuse and monetize such intellectual property in any manner or format during or after the conclusion of the Contest as it deems fit.
- The Contest Management has no obligation to screen the Entry in advance and is not responsible for monitoring the Entries for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property rights, or violations of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. If the Contest Management is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an Entry from consideration. BCCL has no liability or responsibility to Participants for performance or non-performance of such activities.
- BCCL or any of its affiliates will not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise caused to the Participant(s) arising as a result of participation of the Participant(s) in the Contest, if selected.
- The Participant(s) agrees that he/she shall hold harmless BCCL, its employees, officers, sub-contractors or any other person in connection with the Prizes won and/or in relation to the Contest including, but not limited to, the procedure in the Contest and shall also not file in person/through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against sponsor, advertiser and/or BCCL to claim any damages or relief.
- The Participant consent that they are entering into the Contest out of their own will and the Contest Management is not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Contest or any event prior to or following the Contest.
- The Contest Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the Terms of the Contest at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, the Contest being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
- Interpretation of rules and regulations and these Terms & conditions for any legal issue will be considered only in English.
- Winners of the National Finale get a chance to feature in Everyuth Naturals’ digital brand campaign. Everyuth Naturals and BCCL reserve the right to modify or cancel the gratification at any time at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever. The selected National winners shall be abide by further instructions or terms of the Brand and/or BCCL in the course of digital campaign and may have to execute necessary documentation for the said purpose.
- The Participants hereby, irrevocably authorize the Contest Management to use the data gathered during and/or after the Contest in respect of the Participants (including the Participant’s name, mobile number, e-mail address, etc.). This shall be the property of BCCL and BCCL and its third- party associates shall be entitled to use the same in their communications including marketing promotions and advertisements along with/without BCCL’s brand.
- BCCL or its group companies shall have the right to send communication and/or to contact all those registering on website or on-ground in relation to promotion of any of its products/events/ subscriptions in any manner whatsoever.
- The decision of BCCL in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the Participants. If Participants are unclear as to the Terms or any element of the Contest or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Contest, BCCL shall endeavour to the best of its ability to respond thereto. They can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to the following address: [email protected]
- While BCCL and the Contest Management shall themselves observe and concurrently advise you to follow necessary safety protocols and preventive measures as per Government guidelines to avoid spread of the COVID-19 infection, however, in view of your irrevocable acceptance of the governing terms & conditions accorded as a prerequisite to your participation in the Contest, you agree that you shall hold BCCL, its employees, consultants, advisors, agents, associates, subcontractors, vendors, third party service providers and their respective personnel harmless against any actions, claims, demands, suits, proceedings, costs, damages or liabilities (collectively, “Losses”) arising from your participation in the Contest, illustratively including, but not limited to, contracting infection due to the COVID-19 coronavirus and any consequent casualties viz. sickness, disability and/or death and consequent claims, whether in monetary terms or otherwise. You agree that your participation in the Contest is basis your voluntary assumption of the inevitable risks associated with such initiative for which you alone shall be liable. You shall not file in person/through any family member and/or third party, any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts, tribunals and/or authorities to claim any damages or relief towards any kind of compensation, assistance or aid stemming from your participation in the Contest and subsequent contracting of disease either by yourself or by your family members and friends due to such infection for which BCCL and the Contest Management jointly and severally forthwith disclaim any liability for ensuing consequences.
Full list of Applicable cities for participation in Season 13 of the Contest:
|City of Application||Applicable Cities/Districts in vicinity|
|Mumbai||Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai|
|Delhi NCR||Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Faridabad|
|Ahmedabad||Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara|